To sum up a much more complicated series of events over the past few weeks, it's now looking like I will be staying in the USA post-holiday season. For those of you who don't follow this blog regularly, the original plan had been to return to India about mid-January and spend at least another year there, but that is probably not going to happen now. I think this will be a good development for me, overall, but (as you might imagine) it's thrown all of my previous plans all higgledy-piggledy into the air, so it's required me to rethink a lot of things in both my personal life...as well as my publishing schedule, of course!
So, given all that, these are some of the highlights, in terms of the writing/publishing impacts, and where I think things are adjusting to, now that I have a better idea of where I will be for the next six months to a year...
- First off, it is looking like both The Morph and The Slave Girl Chronicles: Part III, "The New Order" are going to be postponed in terms of publishing, but not by a whole lot, only a month or so. They probably won't be coming out until February now, between coordinating with editors and my own clean up work still remaining.
- Secondly, the next Allie's War book, tentatively titled War: Allie's War, Book Six, is being pushed out a bit, too. That one is harder to estimate, in terms of a new publishing date, as I'm not finished with the rough draft yet, so I'm less sure when it will actually be available for sale. It's proving to be a slightly more complex book than the last one, and with other projects I have going on, I'm now thinking it won't be out until May/June. But that's kind of up in the air right now, so I'll hopefully have a better update on that in a few weeks...meaning, once the holidays are over and I start focusing on cranking out new words once more, which is going to be my priority in 2013.
- Now that I've got the paperbacks cleaned up and re-covered and available for sale, I'm starting to venture into audio. My initial "trial" books on that front should actually be coming out very soon. The first one, The Slave Girl Chronicles, Part I, "The Culling," is read by Joy Reyes. The second is my science fiction novella, "The Alien Club," and is read by Moira Jones. Both of the performers are great, so I'm really looking forward to the final products on those! Both should be out by mid-January at the latest, but there's some chance that The Slave Girl Chronicles will be out before Christmas, as we finished that one a bit earlier, and it is just going through the final editing/approval process. I might actually do the voice work for the Allie's War books myself, starting this year, but it won't be for the first half of the year. Probably looking at at least mid-year to get started, and since they are long books, I don't expect the first few to be done until 2014.
- I want to start up the "Caffeinated Fiction" series again, and I'm thinking maybe I'll do a sequel to The Morph, or maybe something completely new...or maybe use that as a forum for The Slave Girl Chronicles, Part IV, since it looks like there will be one more of those, as well. So, in terms of that...preferences? If you have any, either email them to me, or post them in the comments section. I enjoyed doing the Caffeinated Fiction pieces, and it was fun to push myself to keep it up, even when I had multiple projects and deadlines going, so I wanted to continue it into 2013, if it's at all possible.
- ALSO ~ related to the above ~ I wanted to try posting a contest for feedback on The Morph, since the editorial process has been delayed slightly. I will write a separate post for that, either today or tomorrow, depending.
Well, that's it for now ~ will post more updates very soon! in the meantime, it's been great to be back home with family and visiting my parents and my sister and brother and their families. Hope everyone else is having as wonderful of a holiday season!